Real Estate – Prevent Frozen Pipes
With what seems like a record number of frozen pipes this year… here are some things you can do to prevent it from happening:
1) Insulate pipes in unheated areas (beneath sinks, basements, crawl spaces; etc).
2) Allow a slow trickle of water in sinks during extreme cold.
3) Keep cabinet doors beneath sinks open during extreme cold.
4) Seal air leaks in foundation with foam or insulation.
5) Know where shut off valve is incase pipes do freeze. This will minimize damage if they burst.